Phil Mydlach and Brad Hansen are back to talk about the importance of developing organizational health. Authentic leaders create safe environments where giving and receiving feedback is at the core of their culture and success. This is what creates a thriving organization.
We've referred to this episode as Culture and the Protected Class in some listings. The phrase "protected class" is often recognized as a legal designation, but in this case we're referring to people in a group who are allowed to provide feedback but aren't really open to receiving feedback. In companies, this is common among managers at the top of an org chart, department heads, and owners.
In this episode on upward feedback, you'll learn:
- How to give feedback to your boss
- How to receive feedback as the boss
- What feeling valued has to do with indicating future performance
- Examples of physical reactions that may be harming communication
- Tips to have difficult conversations in the workplace
- How to use "permission-based feedback"
- and much more